Job description / Role
- Coordinate with business units to establish and consolidate all procurement requirements.
- Execute tender plan for product and service categories to achieve the best value for the company.
- Lead the development and execution of sourcing strategies and implementation plans for all category related acquisitions.
- Carry out market assessments , cost models, benchmarking, total cost of ownership models.
- Ensure that strategic sourcing principles are consistently used to drive best practices, and to ensure that the procurement strategy is aligned with business plan objectives.
- Develop RFIs, RFPs, in conjunction with the relevant Business Units.
- Develop technical and commercial evaluation of bids in-line with company policies and procedures
- Coordinate with all stakeholders in order to shortlist and finalize the best suppliers and guarantee an optimum supply chain.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies to ensure all Category related acquisitions are negotiated adequately.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in line with established policies , procedures and standards.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory , and any other standards and requirements.
- Implement and actively enforce compliance to work processes to ensure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the environment.
- Perform other job -related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree , preferably in supply chain management related fields.
- Master's Degree in Business administration or master's degree in supply chain management is desirable.
- An accredited procurement / Supply chain related certification.
- 5-7 years experience in a category management team.
- Maritime industry experience.
- Computer literate ( MS Office Suite , Project & Visio)
- Fluent in English.
- Arabic Preferable.
Market / Industry / Functional Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of local and international procurement laws and procedure.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of sources of supply, market trends.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Supply Chain & Procurement Management Analyst / Controller
Procurement Operations Analyst