Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for our multi-billion dollar infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar. Provides overall direction and management of design and construction projects, monitors on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations; and monitors risks/problems and helps develop options to resolve. The Project Manager is responsible to monitor scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Assists to plan and define program goals; and methods to accomplish them; represents the client’s interests.
Helps represent the interests of the client during construction execution. Support Client in negotiating changes to the scope of work. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
Participates in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients’ interests. Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents required from the construction contractor.
Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of a description of the project.
With the Construction Mangers, monitors the execution of the technical, financial and administrative functions of the construction contract. Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates
• Identifies the needs for specialist resources to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
• Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the senior managers.
• Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
• Works with the client, the contractor, other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to coordinate budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Works with the key project and construction contractor individuals to monitor action plans to rectify potential construction cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
• Advises the client and other team members of any such changes.
• The Project Manager is responsible to oversee coordination with the Contracts Management and Project Controls Groups and any client sub-contractors to maintain current and timely change orders.
• Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• 4-year degree in Engineering or related technical field.
• 15 years of post-graduate experience. Experience in major infrastructure project design or construction.
Further Qualification Required:
• Incumbent must have a broad general technical and construction background.
• Professional registration may also be required.
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Project Manager Infrastructure
Project Manager - Grade A Contractor
Project Manager for Facility Management
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Construction Manager - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)