Job description / Role
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset
- Oversees the whole work shift: ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc.
- Coordinates with restaurant serving staff in order to ensure that service runs smoothly
- Develops excellent relationships with guests
- Innovating and creating approach to producing and decorating dishes
- Keeps cooking instructions up-to-date
- Prepares the kitchen in line with level of activity and revised forecasts
- Pay attention to food cost, but not be constrained by it in search for creating new and original product.
- Ensures that all information is duly passed on to the applicable departments
- In conjunction with the Points of Sale Managers, coordinates the kitchen, restaurants and "Seminars and meetings" services
- Supervises the kitchen staff and stewarding service
- Attends the weekly kitchen meetings
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with specific issues and needs
- Assures hotel management cover early mornings, evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
- Attends meetings for Heads of Department
- Keeps track of the standard of services delivered based on guest comments and quality audits
- Makes suggestions for improvement
- Ensures that the equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility are used correctly and kept in good condition by kitchen staff
- Conduct the business honestly and fairly
- Use your own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a clam an efficient way
- Participates in investment decisions for the kitchen
- Ensures the workplace remains clean and tidy and the due application of the HACCP hygiene rules at all times
- Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for all equipment used
- Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
Your experience includes:
- With significant Asian cuisine restaurant management experience
- Vocational certificate or diploma in professional cuisine
- Management experience
- Knowledge of HACCP guidelines
Your skills includes:
- Established Asian cuisine/similar cuisine cooking
- Ability to lead and train others
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Attention to detail and quality
- Well organised
- Ability to work in a team
- Physical and mental staying power
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Acknowledged managerial skills
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Computer literate in the Windows environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.