Job description / Role
- Ensure the miss-en-place stations are ready for the various meal periods in accordance to performance standard.
- Prepare food items according to the standard recipes.
- Prepare, check and taste the food before the service.
- Train Employees including the Commis I and II.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment's is properly maintained and there is minimum damage while in use.
- Ensure that operating standards for the equipment's are followed.
- Maintain high level of cleanness at all times in the kitchen.
- Ensure food items properly in the fridge.
- Ensure food items and fridge are kept tidy and clean at all time.
- Check that the temperature is within the guidelines.
- Ensure the working area is clean and arranged before leaving.
- Check quality and quantity of requisitions from the Section / kitchen as directed.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety. Display courtesy and professionalism at all times.
- Minimize wastage of all food items.
- Breakdown miss-en-places station at the end of meal periods and store the food away properly
- Assist in minimizing order and keeping the stock at a minimum level.
- Familiarize with all sections of the kitchen and ensures Employees are flexible enough to cover all areas of the kitchen.
- Briefs the incoming shift.
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues and all other departments.
- Comply with HACCAP standards in kitchen.
- Flag maintenance issues of the outlet and ensure the rectification is done
- Ensure Preventive maintenance and related checklists are up to date
- Graduate or Certificates in Associates and/or Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts from Culinary Institutes, Community Colleges and Technical Schools
- Has 3-5 years experienced, expertise in the kitchen, catering, fine dine restaurant like Arabic, Italian, French, Lebanese, Asian, International & Japanese cuisine environment.
- Excellent skills in food / menu preparations, food purchasing.
- Experienced in assisting Sous Chef/Exec Chef with menu planning, inventory and supplies management.
- Must have or experienced in practical trainings in the kitchen.
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.