Job description / Role
Our Food & Beverage Motto To Follow Strictly
"Gracious with people, ruthless with standards & hungry for more"
This position is responsible for training the juniors at the appointed section in preparing & delivering consistently high-quality food. Observing all standards as set by the hotel and regulated by local authorities, ensuring all hygiene, cost controls systems are followed and maintained.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
- Food & Beverage
- Catering sales
- Talent & Culture
- Preparation of food, cooking, quality control, cutting & HACCP
- Maintain daily mis-en-place (MEP) and prepare ingredients
- Lead by example, inspect & clean food preparation areas, ensure safe personal hygiene & sanitary food-handling practices, HACCP, labelling & FIFO/FEFO practices , hygienic handling & storage of equipment & utensils
- Check the taste, temperature & visual appeal of food items prepared to ensure that the quality & portion are consistent & as per specifications set out
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation
- Provides guidance & training to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation & dish plating
- Strict adherence to purchasing procedures
- Keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily highlights & promotions
- Adhere to recipes and stock management
- Ensure that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government legislation are adhered to
- Be well versed in hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety & hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the assigned by the Management
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions
- Efficiency in preparations & execution
- Acquire culinary knowledge & skills to grow as a junior sous chef
- Guide & train the junior colleagues on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and productive working environment
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Delivery of high-quality product on a consistent basis
- Cleanliness of work area
- Practice strict control on food portioning & wastage, thereby ensuring gross food profitability
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic & local necessary food hygiene certificates
- Minimum of 5 years in basic culinary position, preferably in similar operation
- Knowledge of different culinary techniques
- Certificate in culinary, preferred
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in english language
- Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Technical culinary skills
- Reliable & consistent specifically in stressful & high-pressure situations
- Ability to work within a team & able to build one
- Self-motivated, energetic with the ability to work within a team & able to build one
- Hungry to learn & apply in operation in order to grow
- Well-presented & professionally groomed at all times
Talent & Culture
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.