Job description / Role
- The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to Hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for and pro-active in the recruitment and selection of all Concierge staff
- Constantly review training needs within the department primarily through the Hotel's appraisal system in conjunction with the Front Office Training Manager
- Implement and monitor minimum standards of service throughout the department resulting in a GAP analysis score of no less than 90%
- Responsible for the departmental roster, ensuring adequate staffing at all times
- Regular communication with the Night Manager regarding the supervision of the Night Concierge staff, identifying and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Ensure that no suspicious packages are accepted
- Ensure that all Concierge team are correctly dressed and groomed for work
- Ensure the efficient and prompt handling and delivery of all messages, facsimiles and parcels throughout the Hotel
- Be familiar with all guest services within the Hotel and to ensure that all Concierge staff are also adequately furnished with such information
- Knowledgeable about the immediate and surrounding area, while maintaining a library of relevant information
- Be familiar with courier companies and their charges
- Be aware of the daily schedule and activity of the Hotel's drivers
- Be familiar with all daily events and functions occurring within the Hotel and to effectively communicate this information to all staff on duty
- Ensure that the Concierge desk, Hotel entrance and Lobby kept clean and tidy at all times
- Aware of VIP visitors and long-standing guests, offering them a polite and courteous personal service
- Establish and maintain an effective communication system with Reception/ Front Office Management and Airport Services with regard to VIP arrivals and departures
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Concierge equipment
- Regularly conduct departmental meetings, encouraging two-way communication when doing so
- Maintain amicable and co-operative working relations with other departments
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislation, using working practices that are safe and sensible to your colleagues and to yourself
- Facilitates performance evaluations for all Concierge colleagues
- Attend any courses Management may deem beneficial
- Manages all purchasing requirements for Concierge Desk
Your experience and skills include:
- A minimum of 3 years, Hotel Concierge management experience
- Previous experience in a managerial capacity
- Fluent in English, with knowledge of second language an asset
- Proven ability to guide and coach team members
- Recognized commitment to guest service and exceeding guest expectations
- Proven ability to balance complimentary objectives, guest service, colleague satisfaction and profitability
- Excellent leadership, written/ verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and ability to complete projects in a timely manner and proven ability to work under pressure
- An operational knowledge and proficiency in Front Office Systems-Micros-Fidelio and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
- Active member of Les Clefs D'Or is an asset
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.