Job description / Role
Mövenpick Hotel Doha
Contemporary, convenient and perfectly positioned, the upscale Mövenpick Hotel Doha is ideal for business travelers. Just 11km from Hamad International Airport and minutes from the business district, this hotel is centrally located on the prominent Corniche Road opposite the iconic Museum of Islamic Arts
Be an ambassador of the brand and the property as a Chief Engineer, where your leadership, strong interpersonal skills and strategic vision will drive an engaged team, guest satisfaction and maximized operating results. You will bring your strong commercial and business acumen, and tenacity to drive the top line to exceed targets, and to position the property in the premium- lifestyle marketplace.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Takes charge of an entire engineering department, contributes to the effectiveness of management decision making by representing the engineering department at all management and staff meetings and by ensuring regular liaison with heads of other departments.
- Ensures the quality of all work completed by both employees and external contracted staff adheres to the standards of good engineering practice.
- Ensures the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contracts by close supervision. Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with contracts, leases, services agreements and warranties.
- Contributes to a high standard of quality control within the hotel by actively participating in the hotel's Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensures the effective operation of all the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program. Closely monitor the condition of the physical property and equipment by conducting continual inspections of the building.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are in operation and regularly upgraded.
- Maintains the condition of the physical assets of the hotel by carrying out any upgrading and project work in liaison with architects, interior designers and management.
- Carry out regular work sampling studies within the department and evaluate the performance and productivity of personnel.
- Ensure that the hotel fulfills all compliance requirements.
- Provides advice to senior management on all aspects of engineering support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
- Ensures the effective financial management of the engineering department by setting maintenance budgets, capital works programs and engineering plans and ensuring that performance against there are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Be responsible for the general cost control aspects of maintenance, the preparation of departmental cost budgets and their implementation and submission to management.
- Controls of Capital Project Planning, in liaison with management, to ensure capital funding is effectively allocated and budgeted in accordance with company directives and philosophy.
- Ensures the staff awareness of energy management within the property by conducting regular education and training programs on energy conservation and matters related to efficient operation of equipment in a cost-effective fashion.
- Contributes to the hotel's profitability by ensuring the effective management of the buildings environmental controls and energy conservation systems. Evaluate, control and record energy usage and implement and upgrade energy conservation systems.
- Contributes to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring that technical support services quickly address, and where possible, anticipate, individual needs. Ensure the safety and comfort of guests and that any requests for service are handled in a courteous and efficient fashion.
- Ensures adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures. Ensure that any tests and inspections required on plant by statutory authorities
- Engineering degree/diploma or similar qualifications.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player.
- Minimum 3 years and above as Chief Engineer (hotel or service environment preferred)
- Must have experience in leading a team of Maintenance Employees, with preference to those who have worked in a unionized environment, Experience in development of assistant engineering managers.
- Ability to effectively review, assess and modify work as needed to ensure continual progress towards desired results.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects concurrently with a focus on results.
- Excellent teamwork skills and high level of initiative essential. Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement with current knowledge on cutting edge technologies.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Excellent Knowledge of Building HVAC operations, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of blue prints; reading, understanding and analyzing Experience and or working knowledge of Auto-Cad preferred. Must have experience in managing Capital Budgets.
- Must be certified Fire Prevention & Fire fighting
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Engineer - Construction
TGC Middle East
Assistant Chief Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||6 Dec|
Senior ELV Engineer
MAYKS HR Consulting
Senior Engineer, Civil
Qatar Project Management (QPM)