Chief Estimation Engineer
Job description / Role
* Develop a full understanding of company estimating policies, procedures and company standards and comply with these at all times.
* Namely have the knowledge and experience to perform all work tasks relating to a lead/ Senior Estimation engineer role (serving as 2nd level eye on the daily development of the costing).
* Ensuring to "Separately" assess the risks and opportunities and discussing/ approving the proposed mitigation of it on an early stage with the Estimation Manager.
* Manager the timeline and activities of the team to allow for proper engagement of the upstream management considering any time needed for further evaluation/ re-work and revisions.
* Successfully utilize estimating systems and software for the completion of estimates (e.g., Timberline, PLANSWIFT , relevant CAD software, Candy).
* Coordinate estimating efforts with other members of the company's estimating staff and operations staff as required.
* Check all cost calculations and estimates prepared for each trade taking into consideration in addition to the project requirements, time, quality and efficient use of material and labor.
* Analyse the prices of material, labor productivity and related equipment.
* Develop innovative suggestions and methods for completing projects to enhance projects effectiveness and overall financial benefits to all parties.
* Validate and submit the tender summary report for the project which includes the summary of all costs direct and indirect, value engineering and possible perceived reactions and summary of potential risks.
* Coordinate closely with the tender technical team to prepare and finalize on time the technical submission.
* Working with minimal direction, manage time to meet tight project schedule deadlines and successful complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Other duties as may be assigned by the estimation manager.
* Minimum 15 years of experience in construction field with similar role
* Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* UPDA certificate preferred.
* Strong written & verbal communication skills.
* Locally available with transferable RP
* Ready to join immediately.
About the Company
Tadmur Holding W.L.L. is one of Qatar’s leading business conglomerates, owning and operating a number of multi-disciplinary subsidiaries across the country. Since inception in 1985, our companies have catered to various business sectors through a wide range of products, services and solutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Contracts Engineer
Senior Project Engineer