Job description / Role
Diverse private, multi-sector conglomerate / group of companies, based in Qatar. Has business interests in building materials, tech, FS, property, project development amongst others.
Chief Executive Officer is required to run a diversified group of companies based in Qatar
* Full accountability of all business units performance and growth, ensuring alignment with the overall group strategy
* Must be focused on growth of the smaller, newer and growing businesses to increase diversity of revenue across the group
* Oversee new, existing and potential investments and acquisitions and revenue streams.
* Identify new businesses and sectors to invest in to increase the synergies and group growth strategy
* Full P&L and budgetary control and accountability for profit and growth
Salary is flexible depending on the candidate with bonus based on performance and results of the group.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
* 15-20 years of experience with around 8-10 years of similar position.
* Must have managed a multi-disciplined group of businesses
* Middle East experience is highly preferable
* Ability and track record of growing new businesses and diversifying a private family conglomerate or investor/holding company business in the region
* Strong focus on sales, finance and leadership, who is comfortable handling internal stakeholders (Exec team, board, Chairman) External (clients customers, authorities, Auditors, Investors, government and so on).
* Strong education including Bachelor degree, ideally Masters
* Sector experience across multiple business types would be preferable to having only worked in one sector
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.