Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major energy company operating out of Qatar. They are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to be based in their Doha office.
• Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems and policies to ensure effective and efficient management resources
• Advising management on matters that have strategic and financial implications
• Liaising with the relevant parties in the Financial Environment regarding transverse financial matters
• Ensuring effective and efficient financial management/administration by collaborating in the development of a training programme
• Providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets and financial reports to assist managers with their responsibilities
• Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the company, i.e. evaluation of potential alliance acquisitions and investments
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining accounting and financial internal control systems in order to provide appropriate levels of security over the company resources and operations
QAR 85,000 to 90,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, with a professional qualification such as CFA, CMA, CA, or ACCA
• At least 10 years’ experience in financial management, with the last 5 years in a similar position of responsibility
• Proven track record of working at Financial Director level within the energy industry
• Familiarity with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems
• Experience of implementing digital ERP processes into a large-scale organisation would be an added advantage
• Preferably be familiar with Qatari corporate and tax laws and regulations
• Good knowledge of local GAAP and IFRS
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Previously worked for large international companies within multicultural business environments with the ability to manage local stakeholders and government authorities
• Ideally have experience working for a Big4 company in the field of Audit, Tax, and / or Assurance
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Chief Financial Officer
Alzarooni Group of Companies
Quest Search & Selection
Head of Financial Planning, Budgeting & Reporting