Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Job description / Role
• Provide timely and expert advice to the CEO on complex, strategic financial matters that fall under the jurisdiction of the CEO’s Office
• Oversee and manage the Finance & Accounts Department
Financial Control and Management
• Communicate the approved strategic financial direction to the SBU’s and accomplishes the approved objectives
• Coordinate internal audit efforts by reviewing the annual audit plan, performs strategic analysis on audit findings and corrective/preventive measures taken
• Conduct test controls at macro level mainly by inquiry and observation
• Ensure that appropriate financial governance principles are adopted
• Undertake and lead commercial feasibility studies for overseas activities or projects either independently or with assistance of external consultants
• Effectively lead and assess the financial aspects of merger / acquisition assingments
• Lead and coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis and information reports
• Critically examine financial reports
• Critically evaluate and oversee budget variance and examine financial reports for any unusual or out of sync matter
• Control CAPEX, inventory management, to limit variances
• Identify cost optimization opportunities within SBUs
• Divide finance portfolio in social and economic segments and analyzes the same in terms of set objectives of long term sustainability and self-financial reliance
• Analyze ERP, forecast cash flows & provide timely updates to stakeholders on financial standing.
Strategy & Business Plan
• In conjunction with and as required by Upper Management, contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategy in line with vision and mission.
Budgets & Plans
• Adhere to departmental budgets and ensure optimal utilization of all available resources
Systems & Processes
• Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, to ensure work is completed out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world class service.
• Ensure cost-efficient usage of all applicable resources to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
• Share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization
• Ensure compliance with the governmental and company rules and regulations.
• Develop effective reporting system and maximizes shareholders value.
HSE & Risk Management
• Adhere to all relevant QHSSE procedures, instructions and controls so that provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own employees.
• Motivate team members and contributes to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment
• Conduct feasibility studies & provides advice on new business ventures / strategies
• Perform continuous monitoring & improvement of accounting systems, internal controls & finance policies to ensure compliance with IFRS & accounting norms.
• Provide guidance and direct input to the development plans and performance management of direct reports to meet the objectives.
• Ensure development of the next generation of leaders capable of effectively managing the Finance function and delivering business objectives.
• Lead the finance department team through active interaction & involvement to realize strategic goals.
• Assume or accept any other responsibilities as assigned by the direct supervisor
• Minimum of 15 years’ relevant Finance experience
• Minimum of 5 years should be in a similar CFO position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry
• Proven track record in financial management and experience with the development and management of budgets and major deals with banks and financial institutions
• Retail/ Real Estate experience will be an absolute advantage
• Experience with the management and implementation of contracts and understanding of government requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Financial Accounting or any similar field
• Master Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or similar field is preferable
• Must be a CPA or CMA designation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualifications
• Excellent command of English language
• Hands on experience with ERP System
• Male candidates are preferred
• Maintain standards of conduct and high level of integrity and dependability
• Capacity to provide leadership and develop innovative processes and ways of working
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage in a multi-cultural environment
• Proven problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to consult and collaborate with others and work as an effective team member
• Proficiency in computers
About the Company
A leading real estate company in Qatar.
Chief Financial Officer
Middle East Executive
Head of Finance
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||12 Aug|
Chief Financial Officer