Job description / Role
Work closely with Internal Investment Advisors in the Formulation, Evaluation & Implementation of Investment Policies, Guidelines, Asset Allocation, Selection of External Investment Managers, Monitoring and Rebalancing of the entire Funds’ Portfolio.
• Reporting to the DGO - Work as part of a Senior Management Team in a collaborative manner.
• Supervise a Team of 6 Professional Staff in the areas of Investment Policy Formulation, Evaluation and Implementation.
• Coach and guide Staff to help them gain New Skills, Improve Performance, and enhance the Quality of their Careers.
• Lead and motivate Staff to advance Employee Engagement to develop a High Performing, Collaborative Team.
• Work with Risk, Compliance and Operations Staff on various Activities supporting the completion of the Fund’s Financial Reports; preparing Schedules and Narratives of Investment Risk.
• Work with and provide Technical Assistance to the DGO on the Long-Term Investment Policy, Strategic Objectives, Strategy, Guidelines and Manager Selection.
• Make Recommendations concerning the appropriate use of Investment Consultants and other Outside Resources.
• Oversee the Process and make Recommendations for the Selection of Independent Investment Consultant(s).
• Work with Investment Consultants’/Portfolio Managers to assist the Fund in Formulating, Evaluating and Implementing Asset Allocation Strategies and Investment Policies.
• Make Recommendations with respect to the Evaluation and/or Termination of Investment Consultants, Custodians, and Managers as required.
• Develop the Methodologies for Identifying, Measuring and Mitigating Risk Exposures.
• Develop and prepare Investment Reporting Protocols.
• Monitor, Assess and Report on Performance Measurement, in Compliance with accepted Industry Standards, and Attribution Analysis of Investments.
• Prepare Reports and Presentations on the Performance and Risk Exposures of the Fund.
• Complete Periodic Rebalancing Activities within the parameters of the Asset Allocation Targets and Policy Guidelines.
• Perform Cash-Flow Planning across a multi-year time frame to assist in Strategic Decision-making.
• Review Portfolios and monitor Compliance of Managers with assigned Asset Classes Investment Policies, Manager Specific Portfolio Guidelines and Operating Procedures.
• Oversee Staff and work with the Operations department to develop Systems to Track all Investment Expenses, including Management Fees, Investment Advisory Fees, Custodian Fees and Professional Fees, as well as Staff Salaries and other Administrative Expenses allocated to the Investment Function.
• Work with the Operations department to prepare Schedules and Investment related Narratives for Disclosures included in IFRS Compliant Financial Reports and assist with the Management of Financial Auditors, Legislative and Regulatory Authorities across multiple jurisdictions
• MBA/CFA/CAIA from Accredited/Prestigious Universities preferred (e.g. Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Cambridge, Oxford etc)
• Min 15 - 20 years’ generalist Investments related experience with a large Sovereign Fund (preferable), Private Investor ($Bs’), Opportunity Fund, Investment Bank, or other Opportunistic Profit-Oriented Investment Organization having handled Multi-Billion Dollar Portfolios/Investments Globally.
• Experience must be in leading an Investment Management Team, writing Strategic Plans, Locating, Structuring and Negotiating Deals.
• Very strong background in Fixed Income, Private & Public Equity Investment
• Proven track record in Financing Commercial Real Estate Transactions & Raising Debt to support New Acquisitions & Existing Properties.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability work in and adjust to a cultural sensitive environment
• Prefer candidates based outside the GCC/MENA region.
• Arabic not a pre-requisite although advantageous.
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward updated CV’s in word.doc format for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Investment Manager - Family Office
Director - Investment Banking
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Senior Investment Executive for an E-Commerce Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE