Job description / Role
The main role of the Civil Engineer is to manage their team and ensure preventive and corrective maintenance is completed and in a good manner, to help and support his team by giving direction to the Senior Technical Officers/Technical Officers and to support the improvement efforts in the department to increase the performance. Monitor proper hand over of the works is being followed by their subordinates. Furthermore to report any fault on the equipment to the Senior Engineer. The Engineers should have the ability of making technical reports.
• Ensure the team below him is well performing the job assigned.
• Train the team on their maintenance task.
• Ensure the team have the correct knowledge of the assets/installation.
• Ensure PPM is finished correctly and on time.
• Ensure corrective task are completed on time.
• Deal with subcontractor, scheduling the visit and supervising the work assigned to them
• Prepare needed documentation and produce permits to work and manage approvals from the authorities
• Take care of the quality of his and his team works.
• Make reports on defects, issues, breakdowns, damages, etc
• Follow and prepare the duty roster.
• Monitor spare parts levels, requirements and availability.
• Follow all instructions given by the SR. Engineers, managers.
• Responsible for especial projects as assigned by their Line Manager.
• Liaise with customer mangers as assigned by their Line Manager.
• Ask for quotation, issue material request as needed.
• To prepare needed document for internal or external audit.
• Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree in Civil or equivalent.
Experience & Skills:
• Minimum of 8 years experience in maintenance of building facilities and roofing system.
• Regulations (e.g., MMUP, OSHA, MSDS, NFPA, BS).
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
• Be capable of establishing work priorities
• Can work with less supervision and under pressure
About the Company
FMM is a Joint Venture between Qatar Airways and Ferrovial Services created in 2013 to provide Facility Management services throughout Qatar. With more than 3,600 employees, FMM has become a key leader in the Facility Management industry providing multi-services solutions to our clients.
Hamad International Airport is the Facility Management showcase of FMM where innovative equipment and excellence in standard of services have been deployed; FMM’s contribution made HIA the Best Airport in Middle East and the 5th Best Airport worldwide. FMM skills and expertise will continue to support large and medium size facilities to reach a standard of excellence.
We continuously welcome new team members to join our organization and be part of our exciting journey.