Job description / Role
• Provide professional advice, expertise and practical assistance in all tendering /contractual matters on Pre-Contract Activities.
• Project Registration – responsible to verify and ensure accuracy for all the procurement of DNOMD Contract on the provided DOM reference number from Tender Unit Team to Section/initiator and registered the project in Tender Unit Database (TUDB).
• Pre Tender Documents Submissions – responsible to align and review all Sections Pre Tender Documents submissions and provide with final recommendation for Manager Final Approval.
• Financial Pre-Approval Prior for Tendering submission for Finance Department
• Tender Estimate review for EBD
• Tender Documents Preparation for Contract Department Affairs (CDA)
• Tendering Request for Contract Department.
• Any Approvals (H.E President Approval, Tender Committee Approval, etc.)
• Tender Evaluations – responsible to align and review of all the Technical and Financial Tender Evaluation Reports from all Sections of DNOMD and provide with final recommendation for Manager’s Final Approval. All the report to be aligned with Tender and Auction Law, Tender Committee and DNOMD Management directive.
• Tracking and Status Follow Ups – manage the issuance for the status follow ups/reminder to all sections of DNOMD for pre-contract process.
• Historical Cost Database – To update Historical Cost database for Non-Framework Contracts on SharePoint based on the rates submitted from all tenderer(s) during financial submission. Approximate around 4000 plus items for Non-Frameworks in the Historical Cost database.
• Tender Unit Database (TUDB) –responsible to manage and maintain by verify and ensure accuracy on data and record for procurement (Pre-Contract) activities of all the projects of DNOM Department in TUDB. In addition to keep record and archive all the correspondence receive which include pre and post Contract correspondence, project correspondences, directive, general correspondences, etc. in TUDB.
• Assisting Engineers and Finance Team for document tracking, retrieval and other required information.
• Reviews various contracts administration and contract management procedures to ensure compliance, where applicable, with PWA’s contracting policy and procedures. Attend weekly/monthly progress meetings and obtain progress reports and minutes of progress meetings from Contractor, review and identify contract–issues if any. Monitor progress and performance of contractor.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and ethics on all contractual matters.
• Responsible for Project Management for all assigned projects/contracts from initiation till close out, including administration of contracts and variations, dispute resolution, monitoring cost / schedule impacts, rendering contractual support on payment, disputes and claims, quality management and any associated HSE consequence including pre-tender activities.
• Bachelor in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 8 years of previous experience in Pre Contract activities (Pre and Post Tender) and Contract Management.
• Has undertaken similar task as per above item 1 and able to demonstrate technical competencies and skills as per below item 4 and 5.
• Sound Knowledge of Procurement and Contract Management Process.
• Proficient in contractual correspondence, preparation /evaluation, report writing with analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
• Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, operation and maintenance techniques.
• Able to speak and write in Arabic.
• Supervisory skills.
• Report writing.
• Excellent Negotiation, Communication and leadership skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel advance.
• Knowledge in Database Management.
About the Company
Ashghal is the Public Works Authority in the State of Qatar and is responsible for the construction and management of Roads, Highways, Waste Water facilities and Public Buildings.
It aims at being responsive at all times to the nations needs by providing effective community service and engagement to ensure that it is continuously meeting changing needs. Ashghal seeks to deliver state-of-the-art infrastructure development that caters for Qatar\\'s social, economic and political flourishing while being the Quality advocates.
Site Engineer - Immediate
Ignite Search & Selection
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||15 Feb|
Site Engineer - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Senior Civil Engineer
TEC Group International (TGI)