Job description / Role
The primary responsibility of the Civil Foreman is to supervise civil and structural works and oversee the day-to-day operations of the assigned crew to ensure that work progresses safely and on schedule.
- Receive approved drawing and mobilize manpower as per schedule.
- Plan and schedule the work sequence based on program schedule and execute accordingly.
- Timely communication and follow up with Site Engineer/ Project Manager for requirements and smooth operation of site.
- Arrange work sequence to open up works for all subcontractors
- Recommend effective quantities to prepare payment for subcontractor based on their work performance and further works need
- Ensure approved materials were used by subcontractors and timely communicate to site engineer / project manager
- Oversee materials usage and its handling to prevent damages and lost.
- Regular follow up to receive approved drawing (latest) and deposit existing drawing
- Labor control & provide technical assistance to subcontractors in coordination with site engineer / project manager
- Ensure any manpower don’t sits without works
- Motivate peoples to take preventive actions for safety matters
- Timely highlight the obstacles with site engineers/ project manager while executing as per drawings
- Conduct checking of tools, items fixed prior to proceed further works such as scaffolding fixing, steel form works prior to concrete etc.
- Recommend innovative ideas to execute works on cost effective manner being with prescribed specification and agreement
- Perform duties assigned by site engineers or project manager.
- Any Diploma, Secondary School or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in Civil and Structural Works.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to read structural drawings.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both in oral and written English
- Qatar Driving License.
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."