Job description / Role
Stantec Qatar is currently seeking Civil Inspectors for a construction supervision of a Trunk Sewer and Terminal Pumping Station at Doha North.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Interacting with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
• Preparing inspection reports and site records.
• Performing civil and structural tests.
• Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
• Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
• Other duties as requested from time to time by the Assistant Resident Engineer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree in Engineering from a recognized institute to the approval of the Engineer.
• 15 years of work experience
• 10 years experience with STPs and pump stations
• Experience with deep excavations, water retaining structures, utilities diversions, dewatering, pavement/roadworks
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Site Inspector
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Construction Inspector - Drainage
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Time Electro Contracting