Job description / Role
- Responsible for implementing modifications to provide a cost effective planning service within assigned budget constraints.
- To define the specific activities taking into consideration the Master Project Schedule and detailing the civil schedule inline with master project schedule.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in planning Oil & Gas industry Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management modification and maintenance projects using computer based planning and scheduling techniques.
- Prepare Level 2 Project Schedule to serve as a basis and guide by subcontractors in making Level 4 detailed work schedule.
- Check the planning package submittal by the sub-contractor and recommend the management for it approval as the project baseline.
- Collecting the daily, weekly and monthly reports from subcon and sharing the feedback to Lead planning engineer in order to send the combined report to client.
- Review actual progress submittal by the subcontractors which include the Actual progress S-Curve & Manpower Histogram that will be compared to the approved Baseline.
- Plan and forecast work schedule of weekly, monthly work and set productivity to be achieved.
- Maintain the Baseline Schedule. Update the current schedule periodically and analyze the effect of any proposed changes and any additional activities in the project, using Primavera P6.
- Update the management for any schedule variances.
- To monitor the progress of projects.
- Submit to the Management periodic progress report. Which composed of overall accumulated progress, Earned Values and Look ahead schedule of activities in Primavera P6 and converted to simplified format for weekly progress and management tool.
- Prepare progress analysis explaining “cause and effect” of variances incurred in the project.
- Coordinate with Lead project planner to ensure that civil progress is inline with project schedule.
- Providing the weekly and monthly targets to area lead engineers and Engineers. Monitoring the progress against the target provided.
- Take periodic walk around at the project site to check actual work progress and also take progress photo for file and presentation to the management.
- To initiate and undertake action to prevent the occurrence of non- conformity.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8-10 years Project Planning experience in Oil/Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
- Demonstrate Primavera Project Planning software of P6 operating expertise.
- Ability to apply Critical Path Method planning techniques to develop detail Engineering and Installation Project networks and schedules.
About the Company
ROTARY is one of the region's leading oil and gas infrastructure services companies with extensive international experience offering fully integrated engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to the oil and gas, petroleum, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Headquartered in Singapore, Rotary has established a strong presence in the Asia-Pacific region and continues to make its mark as a global player. Established in 1972, Rotary has forged a reputation built on its hallmark traits of providing quality services, within budget, safely and on-time delivery.
Today, Rotary boasts a total strength of over 6,000 employees which include a highly and multi-skilled workforce that forms the mainstay of its core EPC services.