Job description / Role
- Cloud & Cognitive Intern (Summer Internship)
Your Role and Responsibilities
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation. Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress. Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available - the sky is the limit!
IBM is looking for talented individuals to join their internship program for 2019. The mission is to deliver a trusted, enterprise-wide, Cloud and Cognitive backbone for transforming IBM into an AI Enterprise. This is an opportunity to work with one of IBM's organization that is leading the charge to make IBM a cognitive workplace. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the leading minds and technologies as part of building the Cognitive Enterprise Data Platform for IBM.
The following position is a part of IBM Middle East 2 months Summer Internship Program.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
What will you do during internship?
- Tech blog content writing and collection
- Internal Cloud PoC implementation
- Team technical topics
- Study and share external cloud knowledge to team
- Working with SMEs and stakeholders to find novel and interesting solutions that can help automate various data and metadata processes.
- Design data science solutions using a combination machine-learning and text mining tools
- Get hands-on with IBM tools and services in IBM Cloud
- Develop Microservices applications
- Build state of the art demos for the IBM Cloud & Cognitive business solutions
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Fresh Graduates or Students enrolled in a University for Bachelors/Masters/Phd programs related to Engineering/Computer Sciences/Data Sciences/Artificial Intelligence .
- Approachable, engaging and driven
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Ability to analyse and develop creative and innovative approaches
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Understanding of core concepts in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Understanding of statistical methods like hypothesis testing, ROC, correlation and regression using Excel, R or Python
- Experience with at least one programming language Python, Java
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills (using MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Relevant business experience
- Basic programming skills - Go / Python / Java / NodeJS
- Basic knowledge of using AWS, IBM, Azure or Google or other cloud vendors
- Basic knowledge of DevOps / Cloud-native applications / Container / Microservices implementation
- Understanding of core concepts in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Text Mining
- Software / web application development experience
- Advanced skills in Python or Java
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: QA
- State: AR RAYYAN
- City: DOHA
- Category: Other
- Required Education: Pre-University Qualification
- Position Type: Intern
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Internship
- Location: DOHA, AR RAYYAN QA
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.