Job description / Role
As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible to define the cloud platforms to a detailed level and the cloud designs and environments. You will design and develop the infrastructure technical architecture for different customer and also work with Microsoft closely.
• Act as the infrastructure expert for supporting different customers in the transformation of various services from on-premises solutions to Cloud technologies.
• Plan, architect, configure and deploy large scale cloud infrastructure in Azure for different customers.
• Works as part of account teams and on pre-sales, project and account-based assignments to design technical solutions for our clients in Middle East.
• Produce end-to-end solution designs, putting together technologies from multiple IT systems and departments across either the application or infrastructure domains
• Must have detailed knowledge and experience of one or more application or infrastructure domains and have the ability to clearly document and communicate the domain architecture
• Ensures technical quality and assurance by participating in Architecture Governance and Technical Design peer review processes, working closely with customer and internal stakeholders as appropriate
• Oversees coordination of the Solution Manager/Solution Architect, and teams up with other Functional or Technical Architects
• Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform, including planning, configuration, optimisation and deployment.
• Strong practical Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualised environment.
• Proficiency in Windows and Azure Active Directory technologies.
• Large scale migration experience Data Centre to Data Centre and/or Data Centre to Cloud.
• Experience implementing Dynamic and Office 365 is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience managing cloud/data centre operations, including governance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
About the Company
QDS has strengthened its play and expanded its presence in the regional IT solutions, services and support market by building long-term relationships with customers and principals.
Since its inception in 1983, QDS has been growing from strength to strength blending the latest of technology with impeccable business acumen and meeting the most challenging requirements of a fastevolving IT landscape through strategic joint ventures, world class vendor alliances, extensive and strategic vertical focus and a well trained and talented workforce of over 150 professionals.
Today, QDS provides a wide range of fully integrated IT based business solutions that addresses almost the entire market spectrum, spanning various verticals like Banking and Finance, Healthcare, Government, Education, Oil and Gas, Telecommunication and Private sectors backed by high quality customer Support.