Job description / Role
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Financial Accountability: Supporting the Executive Director T&C in regards to departmental expenses and control the training budget.
Conditions of Work: Required to spend a minimum of 60 hours per month delivering classroom based training programs.
Role Overview Purpose: To deliver training programs for middle management and line level colleagues for Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha, facilitate the implementation and consistent achievement of the Raffles & Fairmont L&D processes and to take responsibility for departmental trainers and L&D team development.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Networking and building relationships with managers, trainers and colleagues within the Hotels to better understand and respond to different needs.
- Ensure clear, timely and influential L&D communication is carried out across the Hotels
- Representing T&C department on various occasions at internal H&S, HACCP, Green Globe, Sirius, Talent Management, and other meetings.
- Representing L&D Team at external regional L&D Meetings where required.
- Being involved in Regional projects identified for L&D Director input
- Work and build relationships with external suppliers to maximize collaboration and effectiveness of learning provided
- Delivery and facilitation of core Accor courses under the Supervisory and Management Excellence series of programs for Raffles & Fairmont Managers, supervisors and colleagues
- Manages and co-ordinates Management Trainees and Interns when applicable
- Ensures team standards are consistent in the "Train and Develop Colleagues" Process and " Assess Colleague Competence and Performance" Process
- Manage internal and external learning and development communication
- Responsible for learning attendance
- Design and develop training materials and courses that are consistent with other Accorhotels training programs
- Deliver Trainer development programs to develop, assess and certify new departmental trainers
- Provide learning opportunities for L&D team members to grow their abilities and unleash their talent and potential
- Facilitate and coach departmental trainers and cross trainees
- Conduct departmental training reviews where required
- Ensures that all Accorhotels training tools applicable in the Qatar are implemented
- Monitors the timely tracking and submission of all Performance Reviews and records all training needs of the colleagues and ensure quality feedback sessions and its timely delivery.
- Handles the Business Excellence requirements of the Hotels
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel Facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Methods of accepted payment of the company
- Short and long term company marketing promotions
Carries out additional tasks from time to time, by request of senior team members which may not be directly related to the job role but necessary for smooth operation of the resort.
- Previous experience in a similar function from a luxury hotel.
- Good leadership with experience in managing a team.
- Knowledgeable in applicable labor law and legislation
- Hands on person
- Fluent in English, local language is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Previous experience in Middle East
- Experienced in Fire & Life safety systems
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Normal administrative office and hotel working conditions, with some local/regional travel.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.