Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
Reporting to the Cluster Reservations and Royal Services Supervisor, the Cluster Reservations and Royal Services Agent is responsible to handle inquiries through phone, fax or email inquiries pertaining to room reservations with a focus on revenue maximization and quality for Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha. The agent at all times meets and exceeds performance standards while maintaining exceptional service level for guest satisfaction and maximize potential hotel revenue by applying the Raffles & Fairmont Standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the key principles of Accor Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Maximize rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to our external guests who call hotel main line
- Answer hotel's main telephone number and handle with Raffles and Fairmont standards
- Processing dining reservations
- Manage Restaurant Reservations System
- Utilize effective upselling techniques for rooms and dining leads
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the hotel
- Be fluent in hotel's products and services
- Handling calls, faxes and emails pertaining to rooms and dining reservations
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels
- Handle guest queries and complaints relating to Rooms & Dining Reservations
- Identify sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies
- Promote the Raffles' and Fairmont's products and services and ensure full knowledge of all facilities, services and hours of operations in order to respond confidently and effectively to inquiries and guest's needs.
- Determine guest's needs and offer the appropriate room, restaurant and charges as per guest's requirements.
- Respond to enquiries about hotel products and services over the telephone, fax, email etc.
- Ensure full awareness of loyalty programs and full knowledge of special rates / offers / promotions
- Record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently, accurately and convert to sale whenever possible to meet hotel targets
- Arrange accommodation, visas, dining and activity requirements for leisure, corporate and wholesaler's and group Guests
- Close all deals possible to maximize revenue.
- Process amendments to room reservations.
- Ensure direct input in the OPERA system and ensure that bookings are made with most accurate information to exceed Guest's expectations
- Achieve targeted goals in Hotel Mystery Shopping calls
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS.
- Be involved in all property PMS conversions
- Complete understanding and effective use of the Hotel's telephone system
- Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with all the necessary departments to ensure highest level of guest service and revenue is achieved.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Report any damage or loss to hotel property.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments, particularly Front Office and keeps close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Streamline the process the maintain the same service level in the two hotels
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Take on tasks in addition of the ones stated, with a positive can do mindset
- Be a "brand ambassador" at all times, ensure brand integrity and clarity are maintained
- Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
- Maintain positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and GSO network
- At all times, represent Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Opera PMS
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Fluency in English, second language is an asset
Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and associates, unless otherwise stated.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Cluster Reservations and Royal Services Supervisor
Front Office Agent
Guest Service Agent