Job description / Role
The Cluster Reservations & Revenue Manager creates and maintains the set reservation sales strategy to achieve revenue as well as rate goals and the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction. The position is responsible for continuous on-the-job training ensuring compliance with the current departmental SOPs to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Pre-Arrival Guests.
- Telecommunications Operators, Technicians, and Engineers.
- Logistics and Courier Service Providers.
- IT Solutions Suppliers.
- Travel Agent/Tour Guide.
- General Enquiry Callers.
- Conference Guests.
- Primary Responsibilities
MANAGES THE DAILY OPERATIONS
- Ensures smooth operation of the department by attending to incoming calls, fax and emails that are pertaining to room and F&B reservations or general enquiries.
- Manages Raffles Service to be an around-the-clock gateway for guest calls, requests, and concerns with the goal to serve all callers on a timely manner.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in Brand Standard Operating Procedures (BSOPs), Raffles Hotel Singapore Local Standard Operating Procedures (LSOPs) as well as Forbes 5 star and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Close cooperation with Raffles Butler team.
- Upholds a flawless impression and perception of the Raffles Hotel Singapore products, services and colleagues.
- Ensures service standards and individual performances are aligned with AccorHotels Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
PROVIDES EXPERIENCE THAT EXCEEDS GUEST EXPECTATIONS
- Is well versed with the preference of regular guests and provides all guests with the consistent service anticipating guest's needs in advance.
- Leads a Heartist® approach to guest experience/service with the Reservation team.
- High emphasis on the reservation experience for LCAH members.
- Supports Raffles Service team to achieve upsell goals in various revenue streams.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP OF RAFFLES SERVICE TEAM
- Provides continuous leadership, motivation, training and support to the team.
- Recruits and trains members of Raffles Service team.
- Monitors Raffles Service Executives' and Raffles Service Agents' productivity on a daily basis and conducts weekly test calls.
- Uses quarterly performance reviews to identify and develop talent.
- Plans 24-hours shift coverage for all colleagues and is able to personally cover any role or duty if required.
- Carries out any other duties as and when assigned by the Director of Revenue Management.
- Ensures smooth operations of Raffles Service by performing all tasks in adherence with the code of ethics as issued by Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures to promote healthy and safety in the workplace.
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to Director of Revenue Management or Manager on Duty and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
INVOLVEMENT IN WIDER JOB FUNCTION ACTIONS/RELATIONSHIPS
- Prepares the set-up of the systems, guidelines for daily operations and standard operating procedures.
- Plans and schedules manpower, colleague development, welfare, morale and training.
- Conducts and attends relevant meetings.
- Controls room inventory of the hotel.
- Provides recommendations to the Management that will help to maximise revenue of the hotel.
- Handles all VIP requests and reservations received from the Executive Office.
- Supports the Director of Revenue Management with the annual marketing plan and budget preparation.
- Understands and manages the reservation distribution system.
- Supports AccorHotels Corporate programs, such as Planet 21.
- Designs, revises and applies emergency backup plan for communications systems in case of PABX failure.
- Manages technical and operational data availability at all times.
- Manages and trains team to be fully equipped and knowledgeable on telephone system in compliance with the hotel network policies.
CONTRIBUTES TO FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
- Cooperates with all departments and divisions to cross-sell and promote Raffles Hotel Singapore products, restaurants and all other services.
- Communicates and rolls out the annual upsell strategy and supports the team to achieve goals as set by the management.
Main Complexity/Critical Issues in the Job
- Guaranteed rate and availability parity.
- Best rate guarantee.
- Timely and efficient management of guest complaints .
- Managing Raffles Service to ensure the delivery of the Raffles Hotel Singapore service experience throughout the entire guest journey.
- Monitoring technical and operational aspects of Raffles Service operations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Diploma holder or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Opera Property Management system is an asset.
- Understanding of Revenue Management metrics.
- Knowledge of and experience in relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word processing and database management.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the luxury hotel industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Can use sensitivity and discretion in supporting guest/colleague needs.
- Able to confidently resolve problems and make decisions.
- Strikes to constantly improve guest service experience.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute to the team.
- Displays initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Solid knowledge on PABX management and VOIP including international and conference telephone dialing procedures and protocol.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.