Job description / Role
- Review and administer contracts and contract changes, accurate preparation of monthly contract reviews and contractual claims.
- Provide oversight for valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Performing risk, value management, cost control and cost forecasting;
- Preparing and submitting reports as per the Contract and internal requirements – to be reviewed by PM
- Providing correspondence on contractual matters;
- Lead negotiations with clients for all contract and commercial matters in terms of monthly valuations, variations,terms and conditions.
- Compilation, management and negotiations of contractual claims both up and downstream and able to undertake claims avoidance measures.
- To ensure all contract commercial operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Project’s Project Manager to ensure sound commercial operation of all ongoing contracts to ensure successful financial outcomes of all operations.
- Cooperate with the Company’s Corporate Commercial Manager and provide regular updates.
- Manage, develop and support assigned contract and commercials subordinates.
- And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager and Functional Manager.
- BSc. Quantity Surveying or BE graduate (Civil)
- 12+ years relevant experience in civil and infrastructure.
- Held previous roles such as Project Commercial Lead or Commercial Manager.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (RICS, MCIarb, CIOB etc)
- Msc or LLM is advantageous
- 3+ years of working experience in the Middle East
- Good people management experience
- Previous field experience
- Experience of working on large scale construction projects
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
Rider Levett Bucknall
Commercial Manager - Facilities Management - MRICS
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Nov|