Job description / Role
The Commercial Manager will work on behalf of the company and the client with responsibilities including act as the representative of the company with the client, subcontractors and suppliers during the project execution. Represents the client in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings.
• Provide support and guidance on all commercial issues within the projects and ensure that the commercial staff attains their maximum potential.
• Interact with client and address all inquiries related to commercial and contract matters to maximize the profitability of projects.
• Payment of contractors.
• Internal cost comparisons and cost projections
• Analysis of cost over-run and other implications.
• Administer contract changes,
• Negotiation of subcontracts.
• Preparation of sub-contractor pre-contract work packages.
• Negotiate final accounts with sub-contractors.
• Responsibility for all financial and contractual issues arising during the course of the contract.
• Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and sufficient documentation to clients.
• Strong End of job forecasting and reporting ability.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering, or related field and 20 years demonstrable experience in a commercial capacity on major infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions.
• Knowledge of relevant IT packages and applications.
• Knowledge of partnering contracts.
• Knowledge of traditional and design and build contracts.
• Work experience on major infrastructure projects.
• Good team player and communicator.
• Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.