Job description / Role
Please note only candidates based in Qatar with NOC can be considered for this position.
Client is an International consultancy that has recently been awarded a new project
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the financial management of the overall project, leading the commercial team of the GEC and representing the consultant focal point with the client and with the Contractors for the financial and contract management perspective.
- Commercial and Financial Management
- Change and claims management - Evaluating and reviewing changes / variations/ claims through change / claims management procedure, including attending to any queries raised by the PWA and bring to a closure / approval.
- Client engagement and reporting to advise and resolve commercial and contractual matters
- Cost estimates and advice.
- Budget management and Forecast Final Account for the managed projects
- Ensuring consistencies and QA/QC of the commercial and financial delivery across all the managed PWA projects
- Provide monthly report on commercial or financial issues for all the managed projects.
- Provide supports to the Site staff for the post contract administration.
- Managing the timely submissions, processing and conclusion/approval of TIA/CIA of all instructions and claims
- Management of the challenge / dispute of claims and advise on the Engineers determinations (where applicable)
- Attend commercial meetings
- Asist PWA in identifying potential savings on the construction projects.
- Prepare Forecast Expenditure and Final Account reports on a required time interval or as and when basis.
- Ensure accurate track is maintained the for all managed projects payments, variations, instructions, claims, contractualnotices and ensure the process is in accordance with the Contact terms and conditions.
- Escalate critical Commercial/ Financial issues such as claims / delays / payment/ prolonged disputes.
- Monitoring and reviewing budget, cash flow, and forecast end cost to complete at a required period / as and when required
- Evaluating and reviewing changes / variations through change management procedure, including attending meetings
A minimum of fourteen (14) years` overall commercial management experience in construction with a minimum Five (5) years of contracts/commercial experience of major international / regional Roads, Infrastructure and Drainage projects with particular emphasis on urban sensitive projects. A relevant degree and preferably a member of a Chartered body, although this is not essential if a track record of successful projects can be clearly demonstrated.
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts Manager - Consultancy / Infrastructure