Job description / Role
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking commercial manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Directing the commercial and resource management.
• Guiding the commercial and financial management functions.
• Managing the performance of all operations from a commercial and finance perspective.
• Monitoring financial performance, financial analysis (including trend analysis) and preparing project performance reports and recommendations for the executive team.
• Developing and supervising implementation of and adherence to the commercial management plan, subcontract management plant and project risk management plan.
• Monitoring, reviewing and keeping relevant parties informed on the timeliness, cost, revenue, risk, progress and performance of the project.
• Liaising with the construction team to ensure commercial processes and operations are as effective, efficient and transparent as possible.
• Overseeing the procurement and commercial structure/framework for the project.
• Developing and monitoring the subcontractor and supply agreement process.
• Evaluating business improvement opportunities and making recommendations to reduce costs, increase productivity, improve economic value added and increase earnings before interest, taxes and amortisation.
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial and administration matters - the standard of internal control and policies.
• Setting direction and providing clear and timely feedback to direct reports on their performance.
• Planning, developing and supervising all project cost and commercial functions ensuring that all project reporting, cash flow, budgets and forecasts comply with the client requirements.
• Managing the procurement and commercial management of all pre and post contract stages of the project which will be awarded to local and international consultants and contractors.
• Supporting the process of resolving payment issues for vendors and third-party suppliers.
• Supporting the development of payment review, controls and sign-off procedures for all financial management activities within the business unit.
• Calling off estimating, planning, audit and cost planning activities as necessary.
• Coordinating these additional resources as required across the business unit.
• Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
• You have a bachelor’s degree and certifications related to cost or commercial management.
• You are digitally and can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You have significant experience in commercial and cost management for different types of building and related facilities.
• You have experience in a similar role in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||26 Jan|
Project Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)