Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
The position is responsible for the preparation of food, by strictly following standards as set by the hotel and regulated by local authorities. Ensuring all hygiene & cost control systems are followed.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why every team member needs to follow the grooming standards all the time.
- Food & Beverage
- Talent & Culture
- Preparation of food, cooking, quality control, cutting & HACCP
- Maintain daily mis-en-place (MEP) and prepare ingredients
- Inspect & clean food preparation areas, ensure safe personal hygiene & sanitary food-handling practices, HACCP, labeling & FIFO/FEFO practices, hygienic handling & storage of equipment & utensils
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation
- Be familiar with new products, recipes & preparation techniques
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily highlights, and promotions
- Be familiar with the use of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the kitchen and observe safety precautions when handling them
- Promptly report any hazards, unsafe working conditions, or equipment which requires repair or maintenance to the immediate supervisor
- Effective communication between colleagues to ensure a secure and friendly working environment
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions
- Efficiency in preparations and execution
- Acquire culinary knowledge and skills to grow as a demi chef de partie
- Follow guidelines provided in colleague handbook
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic & local necessary food hygiene certificates
- Certificate in culinary, preferred
- Minimum of 6 to 12 months in a basic culinary position, preferably in a similar operations style
- Knowledge of basic culinary techniques & personal grooming
- Oral proficiency in the English language
- Hungry to learn and apply in operation
- Technical culinary skills
- Communicates easily/openly
- Reliable, consistent, honest & trustworthy
- Personal hygiene and presentation, clean/tidy
- Ability to work effectively and contribute to a team
- Self-motivated and energetic
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.