Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid-2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a Souq encompassing 11,000sqm of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park, and a waterpark.
The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction
The Icon Tower, is the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 meters in height.
Commis Water Park
To ensure a smooth and efficient operation in the Food & Beverage Department in relation to the Company Core Process, thus directly impacting the delivery of the experience.
This role mainly involves food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a senior chef rotating through various kitchen sections. Key responsibilities include maintaining high standards of hygiene, ingredients preparation, measuring dish ingredients and portioning sizes accurately, and dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Senior Chef's Sous Chef, and Junior Sous Chef, reporting to Chef De Partie instructions.
- Prepare, cook, and serve food delegated whilst ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are always met under guidance from Chef De Partie.
- Measure ingredients and size portions accurately.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Stock and restock workstations and display cases.
- Monitor stock movement orders in timely order/ requisition.
- Aid in achieving food cost, minimizing standards, kitchen standards, and overall objectives.
- Carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labeling/dating, and storage.
- Remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a Senior Chef
- Keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform, and overall HACCP standards
- Adhere to company procedures regarding temperature checks, food labeling/ dating, cleaning schedules, and hygiene regulations always whilst ensuring that all records of such are maintained
- Assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to
- Maintain an understanding of menu planning, importance, and implementation of good stock controls/ stock management (FEFO).
- Maintain familiarity with opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated.
- Keep high standards of cleanliness on the section where assigned, also assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a Senior Chefs.
- Maintain full awareness and adherence to all health and safety/ hygiene control. including chemicals used at work regulations.
- Maintain full awareness/ knowledge of and ability to act upon any kitchen emergencies.
- Maintain overall food safety, sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
Your experience and skills include:
- Diploma in Hospitality & Catering
- Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Basic Hospitality or Catering training
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification
- HACCP certification is an advantage
- Previous On the Job experience/ apprenticeship in food preparation and kitchen organization
- At least two years' work experience in a kitchen set at a restaurant or hotel
- The Theme Park work experience is an advantage
Your team & the working environment:
At Accor, we are Hearts!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic, and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.