Job description / Role
• A Commis Chef is responsible for the hygienic preparation, safe cooking and quality presentation of each dish within the restaurant’s menu.
• Chefs at Commis level are considered the work force within the kitchen and take directions from the CDP, Demi.
• Run assigned stations within the restaurant and prepare dishes daily as well as perform preparation tasks and stock control.
• Also ensure the restaurant back of house cleanliness is maintained to a high standard and that all health and hygiene policies are followed.
• Commis Chefs experience will differ from person to person but at a basic level must have cutting and preparation skills, be able to understand the importance of portion controls and have impeccable standards when it comes to food presentation.
• Menu and ingredient knowledge are essential.
• Must be able to cook dishes to the prescribed methods in a consistent manner.
• To understand that cleanliness is directly related to product quality – cleaning elements such as crockery , if done to a low standard could result in future loss of business and customer complaints – every effort must be made to maintain the highest standards of cleaning at all times.
QAR 1,200 to 2,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: company provided accomodation (sharing room in shared flat), transpo, meal on duty, ticket every 2 years, insurance
• High School Graduate - must
• 3 years relevant experience within hospitality or related industry
• Has full knowledge of the preparation and recipe elements of their section and can identify ingredients used in the preparation
• Can identify quality issues with produce and act accordingly
• Can give moderate answers to questions related to each dish on the menu and how they are prepared
• Strives to better oneself and learn new skills within the kitchen possibly leading to a higher chef position.
• Learns new skills and is keen to develop one self .
• Can effectively use all utensils and equipment to a high standard and is able to demonstrate above average skills in these tasks.
• Can show the beginnings of creating a dish from scratch, developing a recipe and present an appealing plate.
• Has an above average palate which can identify quality issues in produce and dishes – is always tasting and judging dishes before presenting them to the pass.
About the Company
A fully owned subsidiary of United Development Company (UDC), Hospitality Development Company (HDC) owns and operates a multi brand F&B portfolio consisting of quick service standalone restaurants, coffee shops and high end fine dining establishments in the city of Doha, a mix or franchise and home grown concepts. The Middle East has unique challenges and this is by no means a working holiday assignment, it will require hard work, patience and dedication from business savvy individuals.
Qatar is a beautiful peninsula some 300 miles away from Dubai and with its abundant oil and gas reserves and booming economy, it is has become a fast paced business and lifestyle metropolis, filled with innovative F&B concepts and well-established international hospitality brands. The land is steeped in culture and is a welcoming multinational hub, as it eagerly prepares to host the world’s largest football tournament in 2022.