Job description / Role
- Prepare all food to outlet standard as assigned by the Senior Chef for the Restaurant.
- Prepare all recipes according to Brand standards, prepares for next service.
- Set up the miss-en-place station for the various meal periods according to performance standard.
- Collect food requisitions from the kitchen / central kitchen as directed. Breakdown work station at the end of meal periods & store the food away properly in the fridge to HACCAP standard.
- Prepare check & taste the food before the service.
- Examine filled tray for completeness & appearance, & store completed trays in refrigerated storage cabinets to be sent to dining room.
- Adapt to any work station requested by Senior Chef & follow food hygiene & safety practices at all times.
- Work in any station of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by Executive Chef / Head Chef / Chef de Partie / Kitchen Manager
- Familiarize to all sections of the kitchen, so is able to cover all sections. Brief the incoming shift.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen at all time. Cleans and arrange working area before leaving. Maintain all kitchen equipment and plate wear.
- Completely understands and adheres to the Company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Respond positively to changes in the department as and when necessary. Provide a courteous & professional service at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification or similar
- Must be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environments such as, but not limited to noise, dust and cooking fumes.
- Follow the correct safe manual handling and lifting techniques.
- Ability to move, lift, carries, push, pull and place objects on frequent basis without assistance.
- Ability to stand and / or walk for an extended period of time during the shift.
- Ability to work on flexible shift including, weekends and holiday on rotation basis.
- Ideal candidate should have 3 - 4 years' experience in a similar role
- Candidates with previous experience in gourmet cuisine will be preferred
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.