Job description / Role
All resources, and logistics required to perform testing, commissioning, services and maintenance activities of transmission and distribution protection relays on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish protection relays in T&D business. Includes all types of maintenance testing, commissioning, service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
• All activities related to the testing, commissioning and validation of an equipment (protection relays in T&D business), facility or plant in accordance to the design objectives or specifications for operational use. Includes Performance Services, Performance tests.
• Develops an operational year plan for the own department activities.
• Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
• Contributes to plan of larger unit. Works together with team and high level people from the business and SPB and EB level.
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
• Diverse clients in a region. Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks. Some latitude to deviate from those conditions. Travel with in GCC countries.
• Electrical Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum of 6 to 8 additional years of experience in Services - Commissioning in MiCOM protection ( P54x, P64x, P74x) and Multilin relays
• Preferable candidates who has Kahramaa approval on commissioning Main and Bus bar relays
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.