Job description / Role
Development of Policies and Procedures
- Development and implementation of internal policies and procedures for all Directorates and Departments. This will involve understanding the businesses, documenting process, developing systems and providing expertise and improvement and recommendations.
- Assist all departments in the development of policies and procedures
Ongoing Management of Policies and Procedures
- To complete bi-annual review and update of all policies and procedures and construct appropriate necessary changes. (Ad hoc changes may also be required).
- Ensure all required changes to policies and procedures (either during or outside the formal review period) are appropriately controlled.
- Review all policies and procedures and ensure that they comply with legal standards, regulations, governance and control’s best practices and are consistent across all departments
- Manage the central repository of all policies and procedures and ensure logging of latest updates
- Develop and lead the internal external compliance auditing process.
- To be able to create audit programs for internal policies and procedures compliance as well as external regulatory compliance, conducting periodic audits and reporting on the status of compliance for each department under assessment.
- Perform compliance monitoring reviews
- Ensure understanding and compliance of all departments to policies and procedures through compliance reviews
- Develop recommendations for corrective actions and coordinate with department head to refine recommendations and develop action plans in the case of misalignment with policies and procedures
- To be able to devise recommendations and formulate reporting deliverables to management with oversight of improvement implementation.
- Plan and conduct unscheduled Compliance Reviews.
- Develop a comprehensive listing of all external compliance requirements relevant and produce a “Calendar of Commitments”. These will relate to all governmental standards and regulations as well as industry (development and construction) requirements.
- Work with each Directorate and Department to ensure all external compliance commitments are documented and adhered to (industry, governmental etc.) The ongoing maintenance of the Calendar is also required, with an understanding of new and emerging compliance commitments required.
- To develop & implement a reporting framework around all compliance activities, both internal and external that allows timely production of reporting into all areas of compliance activities.
- Regular and periodic reporting will be required as an output of this framework with necessary adhoc reporting changes.
- To assist in the accreditation efforts of in relation to ISO (and other appropriate) external certifications & accreditation.
- To act as a focal point for liaising with appointed external ISO certification consultants/bodies, liaise the mitigation exercise of identified gaps and provide assurance that deficiencies are being mitigated within agreed timescales.
- To oversee and be accountable for arranging the year-end accreditation process.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Adib Al Chaa & Co
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Compliance Officer – International Energy Trading
Venture Search - Valdere Group
Internal Audit & Risk Advisory - Director