Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major organisation in Qatar. They are seeking a Compliance Monitoring Manager to join their team in Qatar.
• Developing and overseeing a system of compliance monitoring, ensuring accountability and conformity for all decision-making
• Developing a manual (policy, procedures, templates) prescribing the proper handling of activities related to Compliance Monitoring and ensuring its correct implementation
• Identifying critical issues and areas for conducting reviews and developing appropriate techniques for ensuring compliance
• Ensuring that methods and techniques applied correspond to the latest developments and international best practices in the field in order to continuously improve performance
• Proposing an annual plan of scheduled Compliance Reviews and overseeing its implementation
• Planning and overseeing the implementation of spontaneous Compliance Reviews arising from complaints, investigations, and other sources
• Monitoring and evaluating all activities within the division and documenting their status
• Managing staff and providing training to the Compliance Monitoring team
• Conducting reviews, meetings, and writing reports for senior management
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Accounting and/or Finance, ideally with an MBA or master’s qualification in a related subject
• 12-15 years’ experience in a compliance role within an international organisation
• Professional qualifications in Compliance would be preferred
• Good knowledge of Qatari culture, with a strong background of working in the country
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Due to our client’s ongoing commitment to Qatarization, our client’s first preference is to interview Qatari nationals for this opportunity.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.