Job description / Role
Global Sports Event Qatar - Accommodation Services
Compliance & Sustainability Manager (fixed term contract until December 2022)
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel business and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- Identifying sustainable goods and services suitable for the project's purposes
- Documentation and reporting of all procured goods and services in relation to legal compliance and sustainability
- Overseeing sustainable performance of the company
- Ensures that all sustainability pillars (human, social, economic, environmental, cultural and security) are considered
- Working closely with sustainability and workers welfare committees
- Monitoring the company's performance against internal and external compliance targets
- Carrying out internal audits and assessments
- Developing, implementing and driving strategies and policies
- Sustainability advisor for all departments and partnered companies
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports for internal and external use
- You will report to the Group Director of Procurement and Logistics
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience in the hospitality sector and the Middle East is desired
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), any additional language is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience as a sustainability expert
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in a large-scale environment
- Experience in preparing and delivering sustainability programs, sustainable procurement, sustainable operations as well as data collection and reporting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation abilities
- A proactive and problem-solving approach with the passion to drive change
- Highly responsible & reliable with a hands-on approach
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical skills
- A degree in sustainability is desired
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Finance Operations and Control Manager
Dubai Properties (DP)