Job description / Role
The Concierge is responsible for providing personalised solutions to all guests' needs and requests. The Concierge is required to demonstrate a pleasant and approachable demeanor during daily duties, has a guest centric approach in service delivery, embody a spirit of team work and a sense of responsibility to uphold the Raffles Brand. In joining the team for a pre-opening journey, the Concierge has to be ready to embody a tenacious and innovative spirit in building the team together with the leaders.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "Arrive as a guest, Leave as a friend, and Return as family".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between Concierge and guests
- Arranges, coordinates and monitors any travel, ticket, tour, and attraction bookings as well as offsite restaurant reservations that are arranged by the Concierge
- Promotes in-house facilities and inter-hotel sales and maintains good inter-divisional relationships to ensure seamless guest journey
- Maintains communication channels with all departments of the hotel
- Curate concierge experiential journey and ensure adherence of service sequence
- Enforces PMS system etiquette and accuracy of administrative duties
- Ready to undertake all roles and functions of the Concierge Team
- Assists other hotel department functions when the need arises
- Maintain inventory levels and general upkeep of equipment and operating supplies
- Upkeep personal grooming standards, ensures discipline, and efficiency of duties
- Training and coordination with supporting departments
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants and orchestrates unique experiences
- Promptly answers any in-house guest calls, instant messages and emails and communicates with respective departments in the resolution of guests' requests
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5-star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the Managers and Security
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language
- Manages all guests/team members' needs with equal drive
- Embodies a creative mind to curate new experiences whilst sourcing for the latest experiences in the region
- Carries an eye for detail and an approachable demeanor for all guests and team members
- Composed under pressure, makes rational decisions to resolve situations, delivered with a degree of professionalism
- Self-driven approach to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information in accordance to company/country's data security act
- Possesses good computer and property management system knowledge
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication for continuous improvement
- Embraces change and open-minded in a dynamic work environment
- Has an understanding of the middle eastern clientele and culture
- Has an understanding of key stakeholders in the luxury travel space
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.