Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid-2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction. The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Ensures the smooth operation of information, message handling, transportation and luggage delivery services for the hotel guests.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Has thorough information about hotel outlets, facilities and services to assist the guests.
- Has through knowledge about the city, attractions, historical places and activities.
- Gives guidelines to the guests about restaurants in the hotel or in the city and makes reservations.
- Makes city tour, sightseeing and private transportation arrangements.
- Makes flight arrangements and ticket confirmations.
- Checks the programs of movies, theaters and musicals. Makes reservations upon guest request.
- Checks current exhibitions, festivals, cultural events or meetings taking place in the city to give information to the guests.
- Gives paging service to the guests in the lobby area.
- Updates and controls sign board information according to the event orders.
- Contacts daily with airport weather forecast center to give information to the guests.
- Checks arrival times of the VIP guests.
- Sends hotel mail to the post office.
- Stores luggage for the guests in the luggage room.
- Maintains tidiness of the front of the house and luggage storage room for concierge.
- Is responsible for receiving, distributing, sending and holding mail and messages.
- Has supervisory responsibility over the bellboys, plans and directs them for efficient luggage service.
- Ensures precise counting of group luggage upon arrival and departure.
- Controls flag poles and conditions of the flags at all times, informs Housekeeping and/or Engineering when necessary.
- Plans correct and fast distribution of luggage for groups and crews on the basis of rooming lists provided by front desk.
- Knows and follows the fire and the safety regulations of the hotel.
- Performs other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Your experience and skills include:
- One-year experience in a similar position and minimum 2 years of bellboy experience.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Ability to work from multiple shifts includes Night Shift.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English and local language.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.