Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
Under the leadership of the Cluster Director of Conferences and Events, the Conference & Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and management for the hotel's groups and events, selling banquet services, function facilities and associated hotel services. It is the key requirement of this role to deliver top level of service quality in daily sales activities, communications and events planning and coordination in accordance with the hotels brand standards and services guidelines as established.
Supporting the sales activity for both hotels in the Corporate & Conference segment, organisation and smooth running of events on behalf of all clients for the Conference and Events Department. To maintain and increase the quantity of sales, maintain and develop new relationships with clients (new and existing). Present a professional, friendly and efficient impression of the Hotel at all times
This will be achieved through the provision of a well-organized and responsive booking service, the delivery of the product offer, the development of customer relationships and offering a personalized and tailored meeting management service.
Essential Responsibilities and Dutie
- Responsible for the coordination of all group bookings of 7 rooms or more that do not require catering (with the exception of breakfast) and all conferences and events including social and weddings
- This also includes the coordination of PCO group blocks relating to inventory, payment and group setup, where that group does not include catering.
- Handle enquiries for group and events bookings via fax, email or phone during the shift, communicate immediately, and provide a reply or confirmation within a reasonable timeframe (24 hours).
- Handle any other department issues related to groups and events (follow up on prepayment, routing, vouchers...)
- Preparation of group information sheets (group movements), BEO (Banquet events orders) and briefing of all involved prior to arrival of group.
- Produce reports and statistics as requested by the Director of Conferences and Events. This will include, but is not exclusive to, Group Wash and Business Turndown reports and 3-month Group Forecasts.
- Coordinate Events & Group payments, cancellations, rooming lists and terms and conditions including menus discussions, setup.
- Be in full compliance with Delphi standards and procedures to maintain up-to-date business and sales data
- Effectively utilizes Delphi functions and tools to optimize service efficiency and work productivity
- Maintains a precise filing system for all events Group reservations and correspondence.
- Maintains control of Guest History and implement policy and procedures.
- Ensures a clear line of communication with other departments for special requests
- Clear communication with all staff in relation to all events and group related topics.
- Ensure VIP and complimentary room night procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure Accor brand and company standards are implemented and updated.
- Ensure security and safety procedures are updated and implemented.
- Promotes and maintains good public relations with PCO's, travel agents, airline companies and commercial organizations and solicits business for the hotel.
- Promotes positive working environment by developing positive team spirit.
- Setup of confidential contracts and agreements
- Other duties as requested.
- Receive incoming calls, analyze client needs and know the services offered by the hotel and inform the client which of these match the customer's needs ensuring a prompt and professional follow up.
- Apply the pricing and commercial policies of the establishment, prepare a quote, negotiate and conclude the sale to optimize volume of turnover for your department and being involved maintaining client loyalty.
- To maintain a good working relationship with your colleagues creating a team that works well together and with other departments.
- Maintain up to date records of all events and conferences. Manage the database, tracking new enquiries and business through conference.
- Regularly check the quality of the services offered through customer comments and feedback during service meetings.
- Ensure the proper distribution of the work sheets on a weekly basis and the relevant information to all departments. To attend daily and weekly operational meetings.
- Take part in all debtor's meetings and follow up with any actions for the recovery of debts on behalf of the hotel.
- Monitor the commercial policies of the competition and keep up to date with what is happening in the area.
- Be involved in welcoming and maintaining the loyalty of the clients.
- Prepare invoices for conference and all events.
- To manage the conference diary and keep it updated of any changes, amendments and cancellations
- Check the correct organization of work and logistics for the entire department and make sure that information is correctly transmitted to the various services in question, especially the kitchen..
- To attend any meetings and training sessions as required for the position.
- To manage and report all emergencies and complaints using the procedures set by the Hotel.
- To maintain vigilance regarding possible fraud, theft and potential security risks.
- To be fully conversant with all facilities and services of the Hotel.
- To be conversant with the responsibilities and duties of staff and management at the Hotel.
- To deal with customer complaints and ensuring a prompt and professional follow up.
- To assist and ensure that all operational supplies and equipment are used properly and kept in good condition.
- Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests.
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests. Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Take initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers (internal or external) are positive and productive, call the Manager on Duty if difficulties arise.
- Work together with trust so that colleagues and management meet the goals of the department/Hotel.
- Treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect, sensitivity and transparency.
- Take every opportunity to be a "salesperson" by active selling of special promotions and facilities available within the Hotel.
- Implement the Accor values and Accor customer vision to 'Offer the Best Service to Our Customers'.
- Take responsibility to ensure all required tasks are completed accurately and within given time frames.
- Participate in scheduled training and development programs provided by the Hotel to improve self and department standards and attend departmental meetings as required.
- Abide by Accor policy on EEO and Harassment in the workplace.
- Ensure wherever possible that employees are provided with a work place free of discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- Follow property procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, workplace health and safety, emergency procedures and all other property policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook / department procedure manuals / company policy manuals.
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
- Any other reasonable request within your range of competence as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.