Job description / Role
Digby Morris’ client is a construction and project management consultancy with headquarters in the UK. Founded 80yrs ago in the UK, it has grown to a network of 90 offices in 40 countries serving clients across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With a staff compliment in excess of 100 professional staff in Doha, the company is working in a pivotal role in the delivery of a highly prestigious and valuable programme of ‘major’ building & infrastructure projects. As part of the company’s service delivery, the business has identified the need for a Contracts & Claims specialist to assist in the latter stages of the development programme.
- Actively review, validate and provide recommendations of claim analysis for both time and cost as it relates to dispute avoidance & resolution
- Prepare monthly report summarising status of claims
- Prepare contract correspondence
- Proactively provide advice on contract administration and contract matters
- Liaising with legal department and providing support and input in relation to claims and dispute avoidance & resolution
- Reviewing contracts and contract correspondence in relation to contract matters, claims, disputes and dispute avoidance
- Provide advice, assurance and recommendations to SC on contract matters relating to cost
- Minimum of 10-15yrs as a Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager/Commercial Manager in the construction industry particularly in relation to large scale construction / infrastructure engineering projects preferably in Middle East.
- Degree in QSing or similar discipline or MRICS/FRICS accreditation
- Be under 60yrs of age as of 1st January 2018
- Strong in both quantum and time aspects of Claims reviews and assessment.
- Clear communicator.
- Educated in the UK or Ireland in a recognised university
- LLB, LLM, MCIArb or other similar legal qualifications
- Consultancy background but will consider contractors as well
- Understanding of project controls on £500m+ programmes in construction/engineering projects
- Able to mobilise in not less than 8 weeks
As well as offering long term career prospects with a world class employer, the financial benefits of the role are highly competitive extending to an all inclusive tax free monthly lump sum in the region of 50-60k per month + medical, mobilisation and performance related bonuses.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Contracts Specialist (PQS/Claims Consultancy)
Urgent - Contracts Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Contracts Manager - MRICS/MCIArb
Senior Contracts Manager