Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking to appoint a Construction Enhancement Coordinator in Qatar, to manage the implementation of the enhancements within new RPD Construction Contracts.
Key objectives of the role:
* Embed enhanced contract requirements in public relations, logistics, site organisation, KPIs, lean tools and techniques within projects.
* Run briefings and training for Client, Consultant and Contractor organisations. Maintain briefing records and identify requirement for additional support.
* Support coaching project teams on enhanced delivery and recommend improvements.
* Facilitate workshops, collaborative planning, waste walks, 5S audits, lean interventions and problem solving for consultants and contractors.
*Support and review the development of Lean implementation plans by Consultant/Contractors.
* Ensure reporting on continuous improvement by project teams.
* Support development of and implement project assessment metrics (tangible and qualitative). Audit and track project performance. Gather quantitative and qualitative data, analyse, report and support actions, applying statistical analysis to advise senior management on status and improvements.
* Generate and demonstrate tangible benefits from projects by use of metrics and Lean tools.
* Support knowledge share sessions across projects, contractors and consultants.
* Collect and disseminate examples and ideas for innovative and best practice
* Support the development of tools and guidance to support project teams
* Support the development of materials for training and briefing, standard procedures and awareness raising.
* Coordinate with various departments of the Client Programme – construction, design, commercial, stakeholder, public relations; as well as the project supervision consultant and contractors teams
* Support all construction improvement initiatives of Client projects, as required and directed.
* BSc in a relevant discipline within the Engineering industry.
* Around 5-10 years of experience, as well as local experience in Qatar
* Client management skills
* Strong communication skills in English (Arabic would be an advantage)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Cost Control Engineer
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Construction Manager - Runway and Taxiway
Project Controls Manager
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)