Job description / Role
Manage the overall process of Construction related contracts (pre-contract, negotiation, post-contract) to ensure the protection of company interests and prevention of legal exposure in various business transactions. Provide legal advice on the interpretation and application of contractual provisions to ensure management is aware of their legal rights and obligations in all Construction contracts
• Perform drafting, review, and negotiation of various construction-related contracts and contract templates related to the projects with a view to evaluating risks and preventing legal exposure.
• Provide management with input on the interpretation and application of contractual provisions to implement construction legal contracts.
• Provide specialized input to management related to construction contracts in the pre-contractual, contract negotiation, and post contract phases.
• Perform negotiation of various types of construction-related contract disputes with a view to protecting the interests.
• Represent and defend before judicial administration and government authorities in litigation matters, through external litigation experts.
• Provide construction legal input and assess the risk of entering into construction contracts in order to control risk exposure.
• Provide input as part of the tendering / contract award process in order to take steps to ensure that the correct terms and conditions are used (or if not available, are created).
• Provide input and advice on an ongoing basis in relation to interpreting existing construction contracts and any legal issues arising in relation to the implementation of contracts.
• Perform the contract breach and termination process for breaches of 3rd party suppliers (non-corporate and non-operation related) and propose mitigation initiatives and remedies.
• Perform legal research to remain updated on new regulations.
• Certified Lawyer.
• Has Passed the BAR exam.
• 15+ years of experience in Construction law with at least 5 years at a senior level.
• Real Estate/ Construction Law experience in GCC.
• Good command on English; pref on Arabic too.
• In-depth knowledge of local legal systems.
• Proven knowledge in corporate structures.
• Skillful with negotiation & strategic legal approaches.
• Strong understanding of real estate law including construction.
• Excellent comm. & relationship mgmt. skills.
• Sound understanding of ethics.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.