Job description / Role
• The Construction Lean Specialist will lead the company’s continuous Improvement / LEAN program.
• Develop and teach ways of raising customer satisfaction, reducing waste across the operation ensuring compliance of projects with LEAN construction methodologies and to champion the change management aspects of LEAN within the company.
• Communicates and promotes the LEAN Methodology and Change Management associated with its strategies and performance improvement initiatives.
• Perform “Kaizen” style business process assessments with the objective of improving construction methodologies per client requirements with focus on improving delivery schedules, reducing waste, improving safety and improving efficiency of operation.
• Build and enhance quality management systems focused on customer satisfaction, business process standardization, reliability and effectiveness.
• Regularly teach, practice, develop & improve the company LEAN methodology to various groups within the construction industry in the MEA.
• Trains internal staff on Lean tools. Helps develop and maintain Lean transformation processes and programs tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban and Kaizen.
• Coaches and supports project teams and/or internal customers with implementation of the basic Lean tools such as Last Planner System, Kanban, meeting facilitation and continuous improvement programs.
• May lead and train PMs and REs to run effective Pull Planning sessions, weekly Planning sessions and Daily Stand-up sessions through a lead/co-facilitate/coach model.
• Assumes responsibility for bringing all components of the Last Planner System together to function as a system. Trains and coaches the team in LPS practices.
• Challenges project team members and employees to identify, remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from fulfilling commitments.
• Maintains level of standards of lean tools used among project teams or within the organization.
• Serves as an ongoing resource for assigned projects and employees to help identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build project plans with Plan, Do, Check, Act elements and A3 Thinking.
• Report improvement projects status to plans at regular intervals and per client requirements on projects. Reports shall demonstrate acquired improvements and benefits at project level with focus on time, cost, sustainability and safety.
• Promote LEAN tools such as 5 Why’s, 5S, 8 Wastes and other analytical tools.
• Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with minimum of 10 years experience in construction, of which 7 years of relevant experience.
• Preferably PE. Experience can be 5 years, with MBA and/or recognized Lean construction Certificate.
• Must have training / continuous improvement background who instinctively examines work processes from a client and systems perspective, who inspires others by framing problem solving and seeding ideas and can interact well with clients, contractors, and other members of the supply chain.
• Supervisory / Managing Teams experience is required.
• Project Management, Safety, Quality work experience / certifications, a plus.
• Bidding, Estimating, planning and Contracting work experience, a plus.
• In depth knowledge of management systems for Continuous Improvement is required.
• In depth knowledge of LEAN or 6-Sigma is required.
• Proficiency delivering training and leading group problem solving is required.
• Experience with LEAN Construction tool sets, a plus.
• Consulting experience, a plus.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
• Track record in goal setting, solving problems and leading change, is required.
• Computer skills – MS Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and digital imaging required.
• Requires a working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as some familiarity with industry practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.