Job description / Role
- Overall responsibility for all construction activities with respect to performance, procedure, and making recommendations to project managers for improvements and corrective actions.
- Manage contractors with a focus on quality, compliance with engineering drawings; applicable code and standards, and construction schedule and cost.
- Interface and coordinate with Engineering supporting construction activities
- Reviews and client interface liaison and project management team liaison.
- Prepare periodic management reports
- Assist in developing and implementing corporate construction policies that support project construction.
- Select, guide and develop a multicultural labour force & management team with Construction responsibilities to ensure that the organisation achieves it business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Oversee all QA/QC Management
- Ensuring that Quality Assurance and ISO standards are met on all construction related activities.
- Ensure that customer quality specifications are constantly met.
- Allocate capital and human resources to maximise productivity
- Supervise and implement project expense, other assets and resources with budget.
- Ensure that field instructions/ variation orders are documented and invoiced.
- Responsible for Construction path with integration planning for safe and on time delivery of project within budget.
- Trouble shooting of major Construction problems in projects.
- Trouble shooting for critical milestones on projects, debottle-necking and ensure efficient deployment of resources to meet the demand for safe, on time delivery of the project.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- At least 20 years with more than 15 years hands on experience, managing construction and commissioning in an EPIC environment for projects of similar nature and magnitude, including at least one major tankage project. Candidate shall also have previously managed multi-discipline construction supervisors and workforce including: direct labour, subcontractors and vendors; to deliver construction activities including pre-commissioning. Experience managing specialist subcontractors including: Heavy Lift, tankages; is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills to manage large or multiple construction projects.
- Dedicated, diligent and solution-oriented personality are necessary to be successful in this position
Personal characteristics and behaviours required for this job
- Positive attitudes/ Drive for result
- Good interpersonal, polite, helpful and friendly manner.
- Strong Business acumen
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to lead a team of multinational and disciplines
Safety Knowledge and courses (Good to have)
- BCSS CSCPM
- First Aider
- Risk Assessment
- WAH for Supervisor
About the Company
ROTARY is one of the region's leading oil and gas infrastructure services companies with extensive international experience offering fully integrated engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to the oil and gas, petroleum, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Headquartered in Singapore, Rotary has established a strong presence in the Asia-Pacific region and continues to make its mark as a global player. Established in 1972, Rotary has forged a reputation built on its hallmark traits of providing quality services, within budget, safely and on-time delivery.
Today, Rotary boasts a total strength of over 6,000 employees which include a highly and multi-skilled workforce that forms the mainstay of its core EPC services.