Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for Construction Managers/ Senior Resident Engineers with over 15 years’ experience in the construction of major Roads projects.
In a typical week you would:
- Evaluate, select and adopt suitable construction supervision techniques, quality control procedures, and continuous improvement measures
- Ensure that the requirements of the construction contract are fully met by the contractor
- Assist the SRE in the delivery of contractual obligations and in supervising the team of engineers/inspectors, reporting project progress, quality of the works and any changes in the design/construction
- Supervise Assistant Resident Engineers (AREs), Site Engineers and Works Inspectors
- Ensure all required permits from all governmental agencies are secured and valid and posted on site prior to commencing works.
- Adopt a proactive safety policy and safe work practices; ensure that contractor follows high quality health and safety measures on site.
- Hold and chair work progress / safety meeting between the Engineer and the Contractor; attend other regular meetings and with Client Executive Management, as necessary.
- Review Contractor's submittals including materials, method statements, inspection and test plans, inspection requests and requests for information (RFI) and provides timely responses.
- Review, respond and approve Change Orders and Contractor's Monthly Invoices.
- Coordinate with all Utilities Stakeholders; obtains material/subcontract approvals by creating necessary correspondence and participates in generating solutions to all technical issues on site.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University.
- Hold a Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer registration.
- Have minimum 15 years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of roads/ major infrastructure projects of complex nature.
- Have previous experience on infrastructure projects in Qatar - mandatory.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Project Manager (Villa Project)
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|