Job description / Role
Engage Selection are working with a leading international law firm to search for a Construction Paralegal. We are looking for a talented professional to assist fee-earners within a busy team to satisfy our clients’ demands efficiently. Your will include the management of documents and document management systems, the management of client reporting systems, assisting fee earners on arbitration matters. managing timetables and drafting and preparing documents.
• Document management – both manual and using electronic data rooms (internal and client-facing) taking responsibility for uploading, updating and general management of those systems.
• Document review - both manual and using bespoke review software platforms on which training will be provided.
• Case support and research for Partners and fee earners.
• Managing and co-ordinating documentation on large scale projects.
• Researching case law, recent updates in law, obtaining specific documents.
• Preparing legal reports following document review.
• Indexing large volumes of documents.
• Drafting various types of legal documents.
• Drafting lists of issues to cover with witnesses.
• Assisting with witness statement taking, re-drafting and finalisation.
• Reviewing documents (such as pleadings, witness statement and reports) to check cross-referencing and insert references.
• Preparation, updating and management of hearing bundles – both manual and electronic depending on the type of case.
• Organising logistics for various types of hearings.
• Overseeing large scale printing exercises.
• Liaising with external parties such as translation companies and government agencies
• Ensuring all fee earners are kept up to date with all that is always happening on their cases
• General administration tasks, filing and assisting fee earners, trainees and other paralegals with other ad-hoc duties
• At least LLB, ideal candidates will have LLM or LPC
• Excellent communication and organization abilities
• Strong research and report-generating skills
• Experience in using legal database software
• Attending meetings and note taking.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Legal Associate (Construction)
Paralegal - Disputes
Lawyer - Associate - Disputes