Job description / Role
We are seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR who will based in Qatar on a long term residential contract working in the client’s Onshore Projects Department providing
- Responsible for the supervision of construction works executed by contractors to ensure Department’s assigned projects are constructed in accordance with the approved Scope of Work, engineering design, QHSE standards & specifications
- Review and provide comments on construction method statements, material submittals, commissioning procedures from start of construction of projects till completion and handover to end users
- Responsible as performing authority for Permit to Work by the Contractors
- Supervise the site construction/installation of work of relevant engineering disciplines of assigned construction/epic contracts and ensure that the work is carried out in safe manner and in compliance with scope of work, approved engineering standards and specifications.
- Participate in constructability reviews as and when required .
- Review contractors’ construction plans and schedules including method statements and jsas.
- Coordinate and control the mobilisation of contractors to sites including site lay down areas.
- Facilitate issuance of necessary permits and gate passes when requested by contractors.
- Check, inspect and test completed project work and/or arrange appropriate pre-commissioning inspections and tests.
- Initiate mechanical completion certificates.
- Ensure and follow up completion and clearance of all punch list items.
- Review and endorse red marked up and “as built” drawings.
- Participate in hand-over and acceptance, review commissioning procedures and participate in the commissioning of facilities.
- Review and endorse construction dossier for the assigned projects.
- Support qatari development activities by ensuring that qatari nationals receive the proper job training and development.
- Responsible for the execution of construction and installation scope associated with the project, on time and as per approved scope of work, specifications and standards.
- Responsible for timely issuance of ptw, direct and supervise contractor’s construction team to ensure adherence to the ptw conditions.
- Review and subsequently endorse site work progress by the contractors.
- Exposed to hazardous work environment during construction, installation, hook-up, commissioning, start-up and handover.
- BSc in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University or Diploma in relevant engineering Discipline with extensive construction related experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant construction and installation activities in projects of oil & gas industry
- Experienced in the implementation of construction industry best practices, systems, processes and standards
- Good skills in construction management, effective communication, conflict resolution
About the Company
Natural Resources is a specialist supplier of recruitment and project staffing services to the global Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Construction industries.
We combine experience and knowledge of the international staffing market with ISO registered quality, environmental, and health and safety systems to provide the most appropriate solution to our wide range of global customers.
We deliver talent on demand across disciplines ranging from skilled trades, engineering, specialist technical and scientific, commercial, to management and executive.
Our bespoke recruitment and project staffing solutions can be delivered at each stage of a project’s lifescyle or on an on-going basis to support the growth of our customers.
Natural Resources is based in the UK and the Netherlands but with an 'in country' presence on every major project. We are able to deliver a local service irrespective of geography.
Head Construction Offshore Projects
Project Engineer - Construction
Senior Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project Manager - PMC Consultancy