Job description / Role
We are working in partnership with the Sidra Medicine. Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Consultant Anaesthetist.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Consultant Anaesthetist is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder's care. The Attending Physician - Anesthesiology - Adult makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient's diagnosed condition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Supports, implements, and follows all Sidra, department and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
* Help lead, implement, and participates in the organization's performance management system, including peer review and the productivity and utilization review process.
* Overseas the clinical activities of the junior medical staff and assume responsibility for the care they provide.
* Diagnoses and treats patients according to established standards of best practice for the post holder's specialty.
* Fosters a culture of learning, development and continuous improvement across the department
* Complies with all established Sidra polices regarding admissions, consultation, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
* Practices appropriate utilization of Sidra's resources.
* Performs clinical duties and ensure continuity of care.
* Engages in research development activities with a professional and applied focus in keeping with Sidra Research protocols, vision and strategy.
* M.D. Degree or Equivalent;
* Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board.
* 2+ years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
* Research or Education or Administration experience.
* Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
* Board Certification or its equivalent from an accredited Western Board
* Eligible for licensure as a Anesthesiologist in the State of Qatar
* Strong Medical Knowledge of established and evolving practice, Diagnostics, Therapeutics and training.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate with varied staff efficiently.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Customer service oriented.
* Flexibility and responsiveness to changing workloads.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
About the Company
Cavendish Professionals is a highly respected recruitment consultancy with the energy, expertise and professionalism to offer extensive job vacancies in the Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technical sectors in the UK and Internationally.
Cavendish Professionals is an independent, family-run business, with a team of personable consultants whose aim is to get to know you better. We believe that this considered approach is the best way to ensure we find you a role that perfectly matches your career ambitions.
As a group we’ve been taking this approach for over 30 years. During this time we have successfully helped client organisations and candidates alike to fulfil their corporate and professional ambitions.