Job description / Role
The biggest and best public provider of healthcare in Qatar is looking expand its neurology division and is looking for both consultant and senior consultants to join their team in Doha. They need someone who will be comfortable conducting sub-specialized outpatient's clinics on a regular basis alongside treating a full spectrum of Neurology cases in admitted care during inpatient and consultant rotations.
Doha is a city that allows for one of the highest qualities of life in the world, a great place to live and work. Like many of the gulf nations, there is always plenty of shopping to be done. fine dining and because Doha is on the coast plenty of marine activities such as sailing and snorkelling.
Senior Consultant Job Summary
The Senior Consultant is the most senior doctor (apart from the Department Chair and/or Section Head) who practices in a specific speciality and has oversight responsibility for his team of Consultants and junior doctors and manages other team members. The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under his supervision.
They must have the ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities. In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Consultant Job Summary
The Consultant is a senior doctor who practices in a specific speciality and has oversight responsibility for his team of junior doctors and manages other team members. The Consultant should be able to take a comprehensive view of the care pathway. The Consultant accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under his name. The Consultant is capable of independently providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. The Consultant actively contributes to the teaching and training of students and junior doctors, and to the development of his speciality through leadership, academe and research.
Research is a key and integral component to both consultant and senior consultant alike. both must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The consultant is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
- Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of the Hospital
- Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
- Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
- Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman
- Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff
- Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities
- Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization
- Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations
- Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services
- Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs
- Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients
- Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested
- Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
- Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
- Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working for HMC
- Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the Medical Director
- Ensure self and member of the Investigations Team are properly trained
- Compiles with the policies systems and processes in place that governs research
- Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities and access to research
Specifics of the job plan such as working hours in the department, on call ratios and night shifts will be discussed at interview with the HOD/ Chair of service.
Package and Benefits
- Tax free salary dependant on qualification and experience
- Cutting edge facilities and surgical suites
- Accommodation provided
- Interest free loan for a car
- Business class flights for you and the family
- Medical insurance for you and the family
- Educational assistance for up to 3 children up to the age of 18 (contingent on their being educated inside the state of Qatar)
- Indemnity insurance for your clinic
- End of service bonus (replaces NHS pension contributions you might miss)
- 50 days of bookable leave
- 10-12 days of National and Islamic Holidays
- Generous CPD allowances.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
Specialist Board Requirements in Neurology and suitable Neurology experience in the form of a specialised fellowship are essential, without this experience your application cannot be considered.
- 6 years Post CCST experience (certificate of completion of specialist training)
- 6 years post American Board Registration
- 6 years post CIS (French)
- 6 years Australian or NZ fellowship
- 6 years post Facharzt
Those Applicants with CESR will not be considered for Senior Consultant Roles.
What Happens Next
Please apply online.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.