Job description / Role
Al-Ahli Hospital in Doha-Qatar has a vacancy for a Female Dermatologist with adequate knowledge in all areas of clinical dermatology to join our busy and expanding practice.
We’re looking for a Board-Certified Dermatologist who has adequate expertise with a variety of skin conditions, ranging from acute to chronic and benign to malignant.
• The ideal candidate should have experience in using diagnostic techniques to identify diseases and implement appropriate treatments.
• A candidate is expected to be a leader who can collaborate well with other staff to improve outcomes.
• Should also be able to educate patients on preventive care techniques and can communicate important health information effectively and compassionately.
• Experience in working with various ages, ethnicity and cultures is preferred.
• Use appropriate techniques to diagnose and treat skin ailments
• Monitor the effectiveness of skin treatments and make necessary improvements or changes
• Communicate with assistants and other team members to ensure therapies are being administered properly
• Educate patients on the right ways to achieve healthy, attractive skin
• Attend conferences to network with Dermatology professionals and learn about new treatments and research
• Treat every patient with respect and compassion and ensure compliance with current medical laws and ethics
• Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma.
• Conduct complete skin examinations.
• Counsel patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness, or skin and lymph node self-examinations.
• Record patients' health histories.
• Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, moles, psoriasis, and skin cancer.
• Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
• Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
• Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings.
• Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in dermatology.
• Provide dermatologic consultation to other health professionals.
• Provide dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
• Provide therapies such as intralesional steroids, chemical peels, and comodo removal to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin.
• Evaluate patients to determine eligibility for cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, laser resurfacing, and microdermabrasion.
• A recognized specialty degree by the Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP) and eligibility for consultant license.
• Applicant should be currently practicing in a capacity of a consultant. Arabic language speakers are preferred.
About the Company
Al-Ahli Hospital represents the vision of its co-founders. The high-tech facility will not only provide world-class patient care but will also help build Qatar’s scientific expertise and resources.
Al-Ahli Hospital has taken the notion of healing to a higher level by merging the beauty of the Qatari heritage with today’s technologies.
The general appearance of the hospital and its design is welcoming, with a spacious lobby and glass transparent corridors in a triangular shape that connects the hospital from every angle.
The realization of the concept throughout the hospital plays a crucial role in the healing process. Guests have plenty of natural light and access to a beautiful garden, liberating the feeling of stress associated to hospitalization.
A combination of day-light and spacious open areas is taken to perfection by the majestic waterfalls, the majestic feature of Al-Ahli hospital.
All of these feature parallel naturally with the modern building techniques to create the ultimate environment that conforms to highest levels and standards of health care.