Job description / Role
Prospect Health are working closely with the leading government healthcare provider in Qatar. They are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced consultant of Paediatric Anaesthetics to join their team in Doha. The group looks to build on instilling a culture of excellence and takes pride being the only healthcare system in the world that has gained international accreditation across all 10 of its facilities.
They have suggested that they are open to other subspecialist areas of interest relavent to your clinical sope and would look to add this work to your clinical privelages once in Qatar, no doubt a conversation with the current clinical director during interview will help to delinate this and how would affect your job plan moving forward.
Our partner has some of the most advanced surgical suites and theatres in the world and is focused to the provision quality healthcare. This is backed up by their commitment to education and research to remain at the cutting edge.
With this client there is plenty of room for a healthy work life balance as there is plenty of time off to be taken through the year both as part of your accrued annual leave and indeed through national and Islamic holidays that are scattered thought the year.
With a large and vibrant expatriate community Doha caters to all of the needs you or indeed your family have whilst living there. Malls, Musuems, Art galleries and a thriving marine culture of sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling means there is always a wide variety of activities to keep the whole family entertained.
The Consultant is a senior doctor who practices in a specific speciality and has oversight responsibility for his team of junior doctors and manages other team members.
The Consultant should be able to take a comprehensive view of the care pathway. The Consultant accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under their name.
The Consultant is capable of independently providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under their name) as delineated by his clinical privileges. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team.
The Consultant actively contributes to the teaching and training of students and junior doctors, and to the development of his speciality through leadership, academe and research.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation's Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System.
The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Package and Benefits
- Tax free salaries
- Cutting edge facilities and surgical suites
- Accommodation provided
- Interest free loan for a car
- Business class flights for you and the family
- Medical insurance for you and the family
- Educational assistance for up to 3 children up to the age of 18 (contingent on their being educated inside the state of Qatar)
- Indemnity insurance for your clinic
- End of service bonus( replaces NHS pension contributions you might miss)
- 50 days of bookable leave
- 10-12 days of National And Islamic Holidays
- Incremental increase on salary each year.
- Generous CPD allowances.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
Soft Skills Expected
- Governance, teaching and learning.
- Communication, report writing and presentation
- Teamwork and networking
- Thinking and reasoning
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Planning, organising and time management
- Science, research and continuous learning
- Application of sound judgement in seeking and providing support and advice in a hierarchical structure
Essential Educational Requirements
- Arab Board of Health Specializations
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board/ Bevis
- Australia and New Zealand - Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- CESR applications are welcome for this post.
- If you have a specialist certification that is not in this list please contact us and we will review it against the Qatar Council of Health Practitioners Requirements for licensing.
Beneficial but non- essential skills/ experience
- Substance experience of 1 year or more
- Minimal Locum experience
- The ability to conduct medical consultations in Arabic, Hindi, Urdu and indeed other dialects of the Asian sub continent.
What Happens Next
If you are interested in finding out more about this position and you have the necessary qualifications, then please hit "Apply".
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.