Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll lead a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- In depth financial sector acumen and understanding of the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organisations and their strategic objectives
- Expertise in one or multiple areas within the banking and financial services domain
- At least 5 years of prior engagements in strategic or C-suite level agenda and/or strategic programs
- Sales and delivery of S&O proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as one of the major players in the region
- Lead sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the customer platform in terms of revenue terms
- Manage and lead assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring customer experience targets are met.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate
- 12 to 15 years experience in a similar industry/role
- Target driven business development and sales of services in the area of domain expertise
- Preparation, management and delivery of assignments: typically have a day-to-day responsibility for managing multiple assignments
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.).
Arabic speaking is mandatory.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a professional services environment.
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus, particularly towards the latter part of the career.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.